#3 My Little Pony...?

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do you love My Little Pony? Or Lady Gaga? Well, have both.
This is a collection by Mari Kasurinen, a Finnish artist who became famous because of her "My Little" series. She takes the children merchandise My Little Pony and turn them in to pop culture icons. From Star wars to Micheal Jackson. Mari Kasurinen says in an interview that she wants to "express her concern for today’s materialism and individualism." What does these dolls say to you and to society? Is this Lady Gaga, or a pony? I thought these dolls are really fascinating. They are not just customized dolls, but a representation of our popular culture. Idols and movie characters are becoming the toy of this generation. They are more of an icon than a person.



Check Mari Kasurinen at marikasurinen.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.